|MADHAV DESHMUKH, MD & PATIENT-CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
Madhav Deshmukh, MD is working towards getting certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home Practice for our patients.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
Who is part of you Patient-Centered Medical Home Team?
- It is a team approach to providing total health care at our office for you.
What do you need to do as part of your Patient-Centered Medical Home team?
- Madhav Deshmukh, MD
- All other staff at our office
- Most importantly – YOU! You are the most important person on your health care team. Patient-centered is a way of saying that you are the focus of your health care.
- Other Providers you are seeing
- Keep your medical home providers informed!
- Let Dr. Deshmukh know about care you receive from other health care professionals
- Ask other providers to send a copy of consult to Dr. Deshmukh after every visit (including any tests performed)
- Call your medical home first with questions and appointment requests before you go to an Urgent Care Center or Emergency Room! (Except in an emergency)
- Call our office during regular business hours as follows:
- Monday 9 am to 5.00 pm
- Tuesday 9 am to 2.00 pm
- Wednesday 9 am to 5.00pm
- Thursday 9am to 5.00 pm
- Friday 9 am to 4 pm
- After Hours and on Weekends call (716) 559-1717 for our answering service
- Let Dr.Deshmukh's office know if you have been in the hospital. Call our office as soon as you are discharged from the hospital to set up appropriate follow up visits.
- Let you medical home know of any change in your medications after a hospital stay or from a visit with another health care professional
- Bring all of your medication (or a list of your medications) with you to each visit
- Take an active role in your own health
- Follow the health care plan that you and your team agreed on
- Set goals that you can reach. Once these goals have been reached discuss new goals
- Tell your team if you are having trouble staying with your care plan or it is not working for you.
What can your Patient-Centered Medical home do for you?
- Help you manage your health care
- Help answer all your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Coordinate your care if additional services are needed
- Encourage you to play an active role in your own health